The internet provides so many school marketing opportunities for the digital age that are:
• very contemporary
• popular with a significant and ever-increasing number of our school community
• ever-growing in possibilities
• often inexpensive or free
The modern school needs to be actively involved with many of these internet opportunities, otherwise they will unnecessarily fall behind the interest level and communication methods of an ever-growing number of our students, staff and their families – with what could be serious ramifications for all concerned.
The CHALLENGE has been issued!
- Website Management Software Sample
- RSS Feeds
- e/i-Newsletters and e/i-Flyers
- Social Networking Websites
- Video Uploads
- Chat Rooms
All these areas are covered in detail though the use of summarised points in the just published School Marketing Manual for the Digital Age (3rd ed)' 2010 by Bryan Foster. These internet applications are vital for a successful school marketing plan.